Doug Parr Custom Homes is currently looking for a Residential Construction Manager. We are a Christian based, family oriented company looking for a great team player with a terrific work ethic. Come join our growing team!
Job Description and Duties:
• Monitor production schedules, critical paths for projects, trade contractor schedules, and cost control to ensure homes are completed on time and meet expected quality and profit levels.
• Responsible for construction and presentation of the homes in a timely manner.
• Interface with the trade partners, government agencies, internal teammates and customers.
• Establish and maintain daily contact with appropriate city officials and inspectors.
• Schedule all involved contractors on-site as well as off-site for each phase of construction
• Complete each home site on schedule from planning through occupancy, ensuring that all contract obligations are satisfied.
• Communicate company's quality and performance standards to each trade contractor and supplier.
• Ensure homes are built to requirements and specifications established by construction drawings, building codes, specifications and approved change orders.
• Order materials and supplies and schedule deliveries. Check and approve invoices.
• Monitor project quality and cost control / budget compliance.
• Maintain a safe work site by implementing good housekeeping regulations and safety requirements, enforcing safe work habits and any agencies' regulations.
• Be aware of applicable building codes.
• Perform checklists and reports that aid in controlling aspects of the construction process under his or her responsibility.
• Achieve the highest quality work and homeowner satisfaction through effective management of resources and the construction process.
• Monitor and maintain subdivision cleanliness and hold the subcontractors responsible for daily clean-up on jobsites.
• Conduct detailed inspections after each trade has completed its tasks and before any work is authorized for payment.
• Verify that city final is complete and passed by the city inspector.
• Walk each completed home before homeowner walk-through to make sure it is complete, clean and meets standards.
• Homeowner orientation/walk-through.
• Manage all functions of the job site as it relates to new home construction.
Physical Requirements: Position involves sitting, standing and/or movement, the ability to exert minimal force of up to 50 pounds and occasionally exert up to 80 pounds of minimal force to carry, lift, push, pull and otherwise move objects. Must be able to climb ladders, scaffolding and other means to reach and observe all areas of building.
Ability to work in various weather conditions – heat, rain, cold, etc.
· Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management (or related field) preferred
· Minimum of three (3) years of homebuilding construction experience
· Advanced training in one or more trades within the residential building industry strongly preferred
· Knowledge of homebuilding and construction systems/processes, building codes and Register of Contractor Standards (ROC)
· Must be able to read blueprints to maintain quality control and inspect all aspects of construction including framing, stucco installations, electrical, plumbing, etc
· Excellent customer service skills
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of Hyphen / BuildPro a plus
· Knowledge and use of a wide range of hand and power tools
· Ability to explain complex issues to others in a manner easily understood by both associates in the industry and customers with limited knowledge of construction processes or terminology
Reply to: email@example.com
100 E. 15th Street, Suite 600
Fort Worth, Texas 76102
PHONE: 817-284-3566 | FAX: 817-284-6465
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | Copyright © 2019